Provident Bank Trip A Month Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES
The purchase of any product or service from Provident Savings Bank ("Provident Bank"), including maintaining a deposit account or loan with Provident Bank,
will not improve an entrant's chances of winning a prize under this Trip A Month Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes").
- Description of the Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes will be conducted in a series of monthly drawings that may be entered as described in Section 3 below. One (1) winner will be selected from each monthly drawing as described in Section 4 below. The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2012 and continues until it is discontinued by the Sponsor. The Sponsor may post a discontinued notice on its website at "www.myprovident.com". However, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time with or without prior notice. Prizes, as described in Section 5 below, will be awarded for each monthly drawing.
- How to Enter: Eligible persons may enter the Sweepstakes in either one of two ways: (1) automatically entered when the eligible person makes 25 or more point of sale purchase transactions based on the transaction posting date in any given monthly Sweepstakes period (i.e., from the first day of the month to the last day of the month) based on the posting dates of the transactions as indicated on the corresponding periodic account statements, using the eligible person's Provident Bank VISA® debit card linked to any of the following Provident Bank checking accounts: (a) Gold Advantage, (b) Senior Advantage, (c) Positively Free, (d) Value, (e) Value Plus, (f) Opportunity, or (g) eVantage; (2) by mail by writing the eligible person's name, address, day/evening telephone number on a 3 inch by 5 inch card and sending the information to Provident Bank, Attn: Marketing/Trip A Month, 6570 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA 92506. Entries made by mail must be postmarked by the last day of the month for each monthly Sweepstakes period and received no later than seven (7) days thereafter. If the last day of a month falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a holiday observed by the Sponsor, the entry must be postmarked no later than the first business day thereafter and received no later than seven (7) days thereafter. Limit one (1) entry per eligible person per monthly Sweepstakes period, regardless of the method of entry. Entries eligible for any monthly Sweepstakes period will not be carried forward into subsequent monthly Sweepstakes periods.
- Winner Selection: The Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about fifteen (15) business days after the last day of each monthly Sweepstakes period to select one (1) prize winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. For example, if 1,000 eligible entries are received during a monthly Sweepstakes period, then the odds of winning a prize will be 1 chance in 1,000 for that monthly Sweepstakes period. Winners will not be eligible to win a prize again for the remainder of this Sweepstakes even if entered into a subsequent monthly Sweepstakes period. Winners will be notified by phone or regular mail at Sponsor's discretion. Failure to respond to a prize notification within the time specified in the notice "Provident Bank Winner Package" may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a prize is not claimed for any monthly Sweepstakes period, no alternate winner will be selected for that monthly Sweepstakes period.
- Prizes: One (1) prize per monthly Sweepstakes period will be awarded. The winners will have a choice of either one (1) of the two (2) options described below. Winners must notify the Sponsor of the winner's selection within 30 days of the date of the “Provident Bank Winner Package” prize notice, and winners will not be able to change their selection after notifying the Sponsor of their selection.
OPTION ONE: One air travel prize package consisting of TWO (2) roundtrip airfare tickets totaling up to $5,000 where each ticket cannot be more than $2,500 for travel to any place in the world. Winners must make travel arrangements through All Star Travel Group or any other travel agency selected by the Sponsor in the Sponsor's sole discretion ("Travel Agency"), who will determine the value of any flight package selected by winners, as determined by the discounted class fares as determined by the Travel Agency. The following trip expenses are not part of the prize package and are the sole responsibility of the winners and their guests, including but not limited to: hotel accommodations, ground travel, fees for visas required to enter a country, food, and gratuities. Actual value of the prize depends on the destination selected by winners, the date of travel, and the airfares in effect at the time of travel. The travel prize package of TWO (2) roundtrip airfare tickets must be used in a single trip leaving from Los Angeles International Airport. Winners and guests must travel on the same itinerary. All trips must be completed within 330 days from the notarization date of the Winner Package. Stopovers are not permitted except for purposes of meeting a connecting flight. The Travel Agency can make reservations up to 330 days in advance. Travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Accommodations are subject to availability. Once travel arrangements have been made by the Travel Agency, they cannot be changed. Winners and guests must be at least 18 years of age or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Winners and guests are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to flying. If a winner selects the travel prize package of two (2) roundtrip airfare tickets valued less than $5,000, the winner will not receive the difference in any form (whether in cash, merchandise or services) between the price of the two (2) roundtrip airfare tickets and the $5,000 prize limit and the winner will forfeit the difference. If winners select only one (1) roundtrip airfare ticket with a cost of $2,500 or less, the winner will forfeit the second roundtrip ticket and the winner will not receive the difference in any form (whether in cash, merchandise or services) between the price of the one (1) roundtrip airfare ticket and the $2,500 prize limit and the winner will forfeit the difference.
OPTION TWO: A Check or Direct Deposit for $1,000 will be awarded within thirty (30) days after receipt of the completed "Provident Bank Winner Package".
- Acceptance Official Rules: As a condition of entry, eligible persons must fully and unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and to the Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Entry Errors: The Sponsor and its affiliates (including without limitation its parent company) as well as each of their employees, agents, representatives, officers, directors and shareholders (collectively "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries (including entries made by mail or otherwise); (ii) human, technical, mechanical or electrical errors; (iii) any incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or the failure to capture any such information; or (iv) printing or typographical errors in the printing of any Sweepstakes materials.
- Substitution; Taxes: No assignment or transfer of prizes will be permitted, except in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Within 30 calendar days of awarding a prize, if the offered prize is not available for any reason the Sponsor reserves the right to offer a raincheck or substitute the prize for any prize of similar value. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, local taxes and fees associated with the receipt of any prize. Winners of a prize may receive a 1099 as required under the applicable 1099 reporting requirements.
- Governing Laws: All issues, questions, disputes and claims concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. All disputes and actions must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Riverside County, CA.
- Miscellaneous: The winners of any prize acknowledge that the Released Parties (described in Section 7 above) have not made and are not in any manner responsible or liable for: (i) any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize; and (ii) any damages or losses of any kind (including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages), or injury or death, caused by (including but not limited to) any trip taken using airline tickets awarded as a prize or any product or service purchased with a prize (including the use or misuse of the product or service). Entrants hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability, injury, illness, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation any damage to personal or real property caused in whole or in part or directly or indirectly by participation in this Sweepstakes (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release and such other documents as may be required by the Sponsor. Travel companions, if any, will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to purchasing an airline ticket as part of the prize package. Required documents must be signed and received by the Sponsor within 30 days of the date printed on the prize notification package. Failure to execute or timely return the prize notification documentation package may result in forfeiture of a prize.
By accepting a prize, winners grant permission (and agree to confirm that grant in writing if so requested) to the Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use at any time of their names, photos, likenesses, voices, biographical information and statements for advertising, trade publicity, promotional and commercial purposes without additional compensation.
- Winners List: A list of winners of prizes awarded for monthly Sweepstakes drawings is available upon request up to one (1) year after the Sweepstakes is discontinued. Note that the list of winners provided pursuant to such a request will include the names of winners of monthly Sweepstakes drawings that occurred at least sixty (60) days before such a request was received by the Sponsor. To obtain a list of winners of all monthly Sweepstakes drawings, the request for the winners list must be received by the Sponsor at least sixty (60) days, and no more than one (1) year, after the Sweepstakes is discontinued. For names of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Attention: Marketing/Trip A Month Sweepstakes
6570 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, CA 92506
The winners of any monthly Sweepstakes drawing can also submit a request up to one (1) year after the Sweepstakes is discontinued to receive evidence that the provided prize matches the prize selected for distribution to them at the address provided above.